Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Parks and Movies


I wanted to have somewhat of a schedule this summer. We had a family night and planned it all out. Summer is such a fun time for kids and I wanted to make sure they weren't planted in front of the TV all day everyday. Heaven knows that is what Kade would choose to do if I let him!! My mom did lots of fun stuff with us when I was a kid, so I stole some of her ideas! We chose Wednesday as our park day. Every week the kids would take turns picking a park to go and play at. We packed a picnic lunch with basket and all and hung out until they couldn't play any longer. I will for sure do this every summer. We had so much fun exploring the city and finding lots of great parks.

I remember being able to sleep out on the deck when I was little. Not only did I get to sleep outside, but they would bring a little TV out so I could watch a movie. So Friday night became movie night. They would all cram onto a blow up mattress and we hooked up the computer and they were set!! Most nights it got way too hot and humid for them to do it on the deck, but then they would just choose another room to have their sleepover in. I think this one we will continue all year round. They have a great time together!




Here they are on one of the nights that wasn't hot and sticky!!







Some pictures from some of the parks we visited













Coming from Arizona, you think that we would be semi used to the heat. The heat here is a whole other ball game!!!! I think I would take hot and dry any day over hot and humid!! Look at their bright red cheeks!!

0 comments: