Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Back to Reality!!!

A big thanks to this guy for giving me another beautiful baby boy! Love you Justin!


This post is late in coming, but I am adjusting to four kids, give me a break!!  I just wanted to thank my family for coming out to help, especially my mommy!!:)  I seriously don't know what I would have done without her.  Recovery after my third c-section was much harder than after my first!  She took care of everything around the house, including the kids.  That really allowed me to have some great bonding time with my not so little anymore Miles.  Now that she is gone I appreciate even more the quiet times we had alone, because now I still have time with him-but they are not alone or quiet!!!  She did all the cooking, cleaning, bath times, play times, laundry,  and still found time to take care of me and the baby!  Not to mention the crafty touches she added to my house!!!  I really love my mom so much!  She is my best friend and I am her #1 fan.  My kids are so lucky to have a grandma that loves them so much.  I don't know how I got so lucky to get you as a mom - love ya! 
(Please come back, we need help!)

OK this is a crazy picture, but one that describes my family perfectly!! Did you ever do this when you were little?  If you can't tell they have taped their noses up.  We were laughing so hard I was crying!  It made them look like the Who's on the Grinch.  Sad to say this is the only 
picture I got of the three of them!
This is also the only picture I got of Nicki, what was I thinking?  I think all the other pictures are on my dad's camera.  She is so good with my kids, and any kids for that matter.  She is so creative and always had something fun for them to do.  One day they were watching "The Bee Movie" and she had them all make bee wings out of brown paper bags.  They were so excited to show us and were buzzing around the house all morning.  She is going to be the best mom and I love her so much!  Thanks Nicki, we love and miss you!  We especially miss all your energy!  Thanks to her husband Brad too for letting her spend the week with us:)
This is my dad.  He was so kind and generous to give me his wife for a month.  Dad, I will be forever grateful for that!!  He was my personal handy man while he was here, fixing all the things that Justin doesn't have time to do.  My kids love and adore you, but not as much as I do!! Thank you so much for everything!!  A special thanks for teaching Kade what you did! (wink,wink!)
Well this has turned into quite the tribute to my family, hasn't it!  What can I say?  I really have the most amazing family and I love them so much.  We will take visitors anytime!!  We love and miss you all so much and can't wait to see you again! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Woodruffs!! Those pictures are so fun to see, it makes me start laughing all over again. Especially because you and Justin taped up your noses too, I love it when Justin breaks down and joins the "crazy" family. That reminded me of the times at home with Justin laughing so hard at something Nicki would do that he wasn't making a sound just laughing so hard he was crying! We love coming to your house, thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome. I love spending time with you and miss the sweet spirit of your home. Have a great Thanksgiving and know that we love you all.

Wade Family said...

Cute pictures...isn't family the best. I am sure you hated to see them go. Hope the adjustment to four is going easier then mine is with three. So I can't believe he is 12lbs...what are you feeding him! That's awesome I wish Bryton could pack on a few more. Hey how are you survivng church with four kids and no husband...I need some help!

Lindsay Heitz said...

I have to say diddo to all of those things. You do have two of the greatest parents around, and I guess I can consider myself lucky to call them my aunt and uncle, right? :)
How nice for you to have your mom's help for a whole month. She is such a sweetie. And gorgeous too! Don't you just look at your hot mom and thank the good Lord for having her genes. She's beautiful!
Cute family Amber! Are you coming out for the holidays at all?

mikkilynn said...

Well, here is my official congratulations! He really is adorable!

FRYER FAM said...

Am, those are the funnest pics! i wish you were going home for the holidays so we could meet up. maybe next year. i didn't even recognize Nicki. she looks cute with dark hair. your mom too. i'm glad you had such a great time with them all. miss ya. your babe is getting so big already.

aliciamae100 said...

How fun to have the fam for a visit! I want to come too! When in April/May would be a good time for a visit?

Carr Family said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun time while your family was here. They look like so much fun. Hopefully we'll be able to see you and your family soon! Can't wait to meet that cute baby of yours. He is adorable!!!

aliciamae100 said...

Justin, this is Travis Campbell, email me at trc36@hotmail.com when you get a chance. I want to update you on what's been happening around here with your boys and everything else.

Tia said...

Congratulations on your new baby! He is so cute!!! And it was fun to see pictures of your family. I need your new address so I can send you a Christmas card! You can email it to me at niketti13@aol.com!