Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So much to blog, so little time!!!!!!!


WARNING!! This is going to be one long post! The month has flown by and lots has happened. We have been crazy busy, and I had to have Justin help me figure out how to even get pictures on this dang blog. Hang on tight and enjoy the ride (and don't read if you don't want!) Mid May we met my family in St George for a little mini vacation. Everyone was there except Brad and Nicki who are in Oklahoma selling pest control this summer (we missed you guys!) We had a great time, even though it rained most of the trip. The kids didn't care and were determined to swim anyway! 




We celebrated Kade and Kenley's 4th birthday while we were there. They are growing up so fast, it makes me sad and happy at the same time! I definitely do not miss the early weeks when we were all figuring out what to do with two NICU babies! We all had a great time - here are a few pics.

Yes. we went to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner. We tried Texas Roadhouse, but a two hour wait with a hungry bunch isn't a good combination!! The kids had a great time and Marcus enjoyed his dinner of saltine crackers and chocolate ice cream!!
Crashing after a busy day!
While we were in Utah my dad celebrated his 50th birthday. He is the most awesome dad I know and we love him so much. Not bad for a couple of old farts, wouldn't you say?!
We had an interesting dinner at Maddox where the kids spent most of the time running around the table and lounging around on the floor. Good thing we had our own room!
Finally, we saved the best for last! Justing finally graduated Med school. He has been working so hard for the last four years and we couldn't be any more proud!! It was a great day and I don't think any of us could wipe the smiles from our faces!! Way to go Justin!!!! Kade and Kenley can't quite believe that their dad is a doctor. On the way home from graduation she said some of the funniest things. This is one of them:
"Mom, now that dads a doctor, who is going to be our dad?"
Not quite sure she gets the whole thing!

 I think that about covers it in a nutshell! I do have some exciting news, but I'll save it for the next post!

10 comments:

FRYER FAM said...

Hey guys. Congrats Justin. and Am. What an achievement. I am so sad that you guys are leaving sunny AZ. Am its hard to believe we have been great freinds since we were 5 years old. Mitch is going to miss kade N kenley. he's been asking when his freinds are coming again. so i am hoping that your good news is that you are home and you need a Fryer fix before you leave town. love ya.
Shan

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise to see that you added a post to your sight. The pictures are darling and so fun to read all the crazy days in May. I would love to add a big SHOUT to the graduate. YEA!!!!!! JUSTIN!!!! we love you all.

Lindsay Family said...

Wow Amber, your famiy is so cute. I miss you a ton and love to see how your life is changing. Congrats.

Zach and Erika said...

It is so fun seeing what your family is doing. Your kids are so cute! Congrats Justin!

The Woods People said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mikkilynn said...

Hey Amber...Natalie filled me in that you had a blog and I'm so happy I now have a way to keep up with you all. That is awesome about med school, and congratulations on your fourth! I didn't know there was a third, so here's a belated congrats for him. Your kids really are so cute! Good luck with the pregnancy.

Wade Family said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great month. Hope things are going good for you all. I think you are probably in the middle of moving...good luck with everything. I feel bad we didn't get a chance to say goodbye or get pictures at graduation. When things slow down a bit give us a call. We sure miss you guys! And I am dying to know what you are having?!

jlwood said...

Hey Woodruff Family!

WOW, do you feel like you've been in a big whirlwind?! What CUTE pictures of you all, Kade, Kenley and Marcus!! I miss you all so much. I think it was the hardest thing I've ever done, walking away from your van after I'd helped you get seat-belted in at the park by my work. I was grateful that I hadn't planned on walking back into work right at that moment. I was pretty much a mess! And to top it off, when I rounded the corner of the parking lot to get into my van, there was a snake on the ground right in front of me!! How do you like your new home? Pictures of it are awesome! From the sounds of it, you've added lots of color already. Kenley, your daddy tells me that you have a pink room!! WOWEE! I can hardly wait to see it. How's Pennsylvania or PA?? I'm so proud of each of you and miss you tons! Love Kitty Grandma.

P.S. Kade, Kenley and Marcus you promised me that you'd color me a picture, I'm excited about that!

Zach and Erika said...

ok, so it is kinda cruel to say that you have exciting news and wait so long to share it! What's the news?!

SWoodruff said...

Hi guys,
Well it is official, I miss you guys so much that I cry each time after I talk to you.

Tomorrow is the big day for BJ and Nicole, we are all looking forward to it and wish you could be hear. We are going to try and have a picture of your family displayed.

I'm still unemployed but had some great interviews with GE and Basic Research this week. I have three more interviews next week.

Amber, I'm so proud of you. You are such a great mother and wife. I'm proud to call you my daughter.

Justin, we could not be more proud of you and all that you have accomplished and the difficult / challenging residency program that you seem to be doing so well in. Don't worry it will go by fast, it seems like yesterday that I was your age and now I'm 52 and still beating Garrett and Eric at basketball.

We love you all, please give the kids a hug and a kiss from kitty grandma and grandpa.

Love,
Dad