Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bashed up foreheads and gardens, oh my!

I have been telling my mom for a while now about this garden that we planted. We have no experience whatsoever, but it has been really fun! The kids and I love to go out every day and check on the progress. Here are a few pictures.
The start of our tomato plants

This is one of the watermelons 
The garden
The only flowers that we have planted this year! We are hoping to have more landscaping next year :)
What is it with summer time and constantly bruised foreheads? This is after he took a face plant on the neighbors sidewalk and then again the next day in a parking lot
This picture does not do the injury any justice!! Kade was swinging on the swings that we have from our deck and ran smack into one of the wooden supports. I have never seen something so big in my whole life. The bump was 5 times that big right after it happened. I must admit that I panicked pretty bad! I didn't even put pressure on it because I thought it would just pop! After a couple of minutes it started to "deflate" and we put a cold rag on it.
Lucky for us the exact same thing happened to Marcus two days later. Not as big, but just as traumatic! Hopefully all wounds will heal in time for us to have some family pictures in the fall, or maybe some wedding photos? Who knows? Erin - do you? Her missionary just got home this week :) 

4 comments:

aliciamae100 said...

Sad! My poor little guys! :( I was thinking the bumps had something to do with wearing sandals in the summer, but no, it seems it's just part of being a boy.
I LOVE your garden!!! The peas will be soooo delicious, much better than any you can buy. The only problem is you'll want to eat them all before they make it to the kitchen. They really do taste like candy! :) Can't wait to see the watermelon grow up too!

Lindsay Family said...

your garden looks so great! It is such a fun thing for the kids to do in the summer. And your poor boys. That might really be a boy thing. My girls get bumps, but so far nothing even close to that size. When will you be in Utah next? Miss you!

Carr Family said...

OUCH!! Those are some tough little guys you have. I'm out visiting family right now and will be back on Aug. 9. We should plan a time to get together. I hope York Hospital hasn't been too bad for Justin...or you. :)

Wade Family said...

So impressed with your garden! Ok so I couldn't believe that injury Kade sustained...I would have been freaking out! I am such a loser but I totally lost your phone number...well I think my kids destroyed the paper it was on so when you get a chance email it to me I would love to talk with you!