Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCUS!!!

This post is all about Marcus.  That's right, we celebrated his 2nd birthday on Sunday, August 24th.  We can't believe it's already been 2 years.  We all had a great time and even made a trip down to the zoo in Baltimore.  It was his first time at the zoo and he really enjoyed seeing all of the animals.  He especially loved seeing the monkey "go potty in the tree".  
On Sunday we all got up earlier than expected thanks to Kenley (who was apparently more excited than Marcus) and opened his gifts.  Our biggest struggle throughout the day became settling disputes about who the new toys belonged to.  We all had a good time though and Marcus really liked the chocolate ice cream he picked out.  
Marcus has been such a blessing in our lives and has always been very well-behaved.  He is so fun to watch as he plays with his brother and sister.  Maybe we are a bit biased, but he's the cutest little boy we've ever seen.  Thank you for the last two years "Bartus" (for those who don't know, this is how he pronounces his name).  
Marcus' (or Mom's) favorite cake??
He really enjoyed the chocolate ice cream
Excitedly opening his gifts!.  Notice the new Crocs, he finally wore out his old pair.  He has an obsession with these shoes, and they're usually the first thing he looks for when he wakes up every day.
Here he is showing off his new church shirt.
Marcus and Daddy at the zoo

8 comments:

Carly said...

What a cute little boy! Your kids are adorable. They have such a good mix of both of your families. It looks like you guys know how to have fun birthday parties!

FRYER FAM said...

Hey Marquiso. Happy Birthday. boy does time fly. he is getting so big & he is so cute. how are you feeling? i need your new number! i was thinking about this drink you made in like 5th grade for class w/ almond extract. am i crazy?

Anonymous said...

I am BARTUS!!! Those pictures are so cute. I can just here all the excitement and help from the kids helping him with his birthday presents. Marcus, MaMa loves you so much. Hope you guys have a great day!

Wade Family said...

Ok, so I totally left a comment the other day and for some reason I don't think it ever posted. Anyway, we just wanted to tell Marcus Happy Birthday. Looks like he had a great day, he is so cute! It is so hard to believe that he is already two. Amber, hope you are feeling ok these days! I really am going to email you so I can get your number. Hope you guys have a good week!

Lindsey and Mike Sorensen said...

Those pictures are so stinkin cute!!! I love looking at your blog and seeing how grown up the kids are getting!! We are going to be in your area in October, if we have time we'll stop by and say hi. Love you guys!!

Lindsay Heitz said...

I have to agree with you about how darling he is. Looks like a fun birthday. I love the picture in his church clothes.

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Ok, I actually found you! I'm excited to keep up with what's happening in your family by checking out your blog page every once in awhile! Cute kids. YOUR BELLY IS SO LITTLE AND CUTE! So the question is.....any preterm labor? Are you on Terb yet? What do you think will happen this time around? WHAT ARE YOU HAVING?! I'll stop with all of the questions. Let me know...good to see that you are all doing well and having fun. Take care of yourself and your family.

Wade Family said...

Amber, I didn't realize that you are due so soon! I know you left me your email address on one of my posts but I can't find it so will you leave it again so I can get in touch with you or you can email me at sarajwade@hotmail.com. Hope you are feeling well (or at least as good as you can :))